I had a problem with the handspun socks that I was knitting toe-up. One would turn out much longer than the other, with it’s colours running up much higher:
After some thinking and distracting myself with spinning and the Cocoberry cowl I came to the conclusion that socks like these would not please me. So I decided to start the second sock anew, from the top down and from the inside of the ball of yarn:
It was a good decision, the knitting went like crazy.
Albeit a bit cannibalistic once I started to frog the one sock to knit the new one with:
Now they’re finished and I’m wearing them and I’m loving it.
The top down sock has a bit of a harsh colour transition where I’ve picked up the stitches of the gusset and knitted round again. Making sure colours take longer to melt from one into another would solve this problem. But I like them. These are 100% wool socks. By blending breeds they are soft and sturdy.