This is my toe up sock in Wolbeest yarn, here’s the heel, with just the first set of short rows completed:
After this comes another set of short rows, to make it round the bend of the heel. I knit a few rows in the round and then I start the second wedge.
Short row, short row, short row.
I knit a whole evening worth of short rows. I tried the sock on a few times, to make certain of the fit. I won’t get caught with too tight a sock again!
Here it is the next morning, and something is not right:
This is the top part of the sock. Not the sole. Yet… there are shortrows here…
I took out the needles at the instep and had a closer look:
Yes, that looks suspiciously like half a heel wedge to me, on the instep side. I’ve been at it for a while too because there are already 5 short rows on either side! I’ve tried on this sock at least ten times, while knitting a heel on the wrong side.
My sock has grown a frog mouth.
And I’ve found yet another way to blunder basic knitting. Teeth gnashing as it is, I’m also a bit impressed.